DarkTerra.com

DarkTerra.com

• April 30, 2024, 12:26:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Complete Site redesign. New theme, new software, new Logo! Please register if you want to download the rules!  If you need to email the Admin, click here

Darkterra is a Pen and Paper role playing game, developed by avid gamers with decades of experience with a vast array of gaming systems. The system is fast paced, but realistic, and every single action can be resolved with the rolling of 2 dice. 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking through the game  (Read 4449 times)

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
  • Sweet frickin' Orion slave girls!
Looking through the game
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:50 AM »

This week, starting today, I'm going to be looking through the game (thanks for the handy dandy binder, Mike :) )trying to pick it apart or see if I can add any thoughts.  Anything I can see, I'll post here.
...And now for something completely different.

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
Re: Looking through the game
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:16:04 AM »

Excellent! Thanks man!

Hopefully a couple of other folks will be doing the same.

Oh, and no nit pick is too small. Right off the bat I know we need to nail down the actual years for the Timeline, its a little... confusing right now ;)

Mispelled words are probably safe to ignore, unless they are things the spell checker wont catch (like Bare for Bear etc).

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:15:05 PM »

Yeah I wasn't going to get bogged down on spelling and such.  I figured that was something that could be tackled in the editing phase.

And speaking of nit-picking  ;), I was wondering if there was some way to change the size of the text windows here on the forums.  I read the posts and they are very...uh, vertical.

Will get back to you when I have something pertinent to add.

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:21:32 PM »

Up on the left, under the Orange Darkterra.com are 2 little green arrows.. click them to turn off the side blocks :) opens up the windows nicely :)

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 03:03:39 PM »

Nice :).  Good call, much better.

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »

Yeah, I was playing around with moving the various blocks here and there, but since people can adjust what they see or dont see (via the various green triangles :) ) I didnt really see the point.

Also you can go up to the top , (assuming your using IE) click View, then text size, then pick a smaller font, it will affect these pages (or larger font, if you're old like me :P )

Pretty much anywhere you see a green triangle, you can hide or show something :) Which is pretty sweet.

And I'm thinking I like this forum software even more than I liked the PHPBB stuff the Order uses... just the spell checker alone is awesome (especially when you can type faster than you can spell :P )

On the subject of the way it looks, is everyone happy with the dark theme? I know some folks dont like that...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:33:59 PM by Athion »

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »

Ok, I killed all the blocks while you're in the Forums... better or worse?

Should I leave it like this, or put it back the way it was so people can make thier own choice? (Keeping in mind that the news wont always tell people the triagles do anything, and it seems even when it does, a lot of folks missed it ;)

Edit : you're, not your... bugs me :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 23 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal