DarkTerra.com

DarkTerra.com

• April 29, 2024, 10:17:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Complete Site redesign. New theme, new software, new Logo! Please register if you want to download the rules!  If you need to email the Admin, click here

Darkterra is a Pen and Paper role playing game, developed by avid gamers with decades of experience with a vast array of gaming systems. The system is fast paced, but realistic, and every single action can be resolved with the rolling of 2 dice. 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charisma  (Read 6688 times)

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
Charisma
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:00:29 AM »

One of the stats I didnt include in DT was a CHA (charisma) Stat, as I've always believed it made for piss poor RPing to just say "I lay on the charm... " <clatter of dice> "Oooo she likes me".

And, as Jorek pointed out, most people will slight it anyway, and use the points elsewhere.

I decided to make a complete post about it, so I can see what everyone else thinks and we can go from there.

So far, simple modifiers to Initial Reaction have been used, and I, for one, think thats probably fine. What say you? Do we NEED a CHA stat? Or is it fine without one?

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
  • Sweet frickin' Orion slave girls!
Re: Charisma
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »

I can appreciate that most people use it as a shortcut to RPing.  In that, I would blame the GM for allowing it as opposed to the game system being inheritly wrong.  Perhaps one alternative is awarding a bonus in XP if someone roleplays a scenario out as opposed to "I use my charm on her"*clatter of dice*.  I don't know, it just might help the game being more rounded if you work it into it.
...And now for something completely different.

Jorek

• Contributor
  • Mutant
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 10:49:48 AM »

the only thing i can say in favor of using CHR , would be for those who are unable to rp out those kinds of encounters. there are some people who just can't do it. but over all i think using a reaction mod is not much diffrent and works better.

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
  • Sweet frickin' Orion slave girls!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 11:19:34 AM »

Like I said, you could add the stat (or some appropriate alternative) and have the caveat that if you plan on being a character that will rely on charm for abilities (whether it be some of the background things I suggested or just using charisma-based skills), you HAVE to RP it.  GM's discretion (as well as reaction checks) will decide the success.  Therefore, it would be something that the player could approach as a challenge or with severe trepidation.
...And now for something completely different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 23 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal