DarkTerra.com

DarkTerra.com

• March 28, 2024, 09:29:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Complete Site redesign. New theme, new software, new Logo! Please register if you want to download the rules!  If you need to email the Admin, click here

Darkterra is a Pen and Paper role playing game, developed by avid gamers with decades of experience with a vast array of gaming systems. The system is fast paced, but realistic, and every single action can be resolved with the rolling of 2 dice. 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is DarkTerra?  (Read 7160 times)

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
What is DarkTerra?
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »

What is it you ask? Well, as it says on the front page : Darkterra is a Pen and Paper role playing game, developed by avid gamers with decades of experience with a vast array of gaming systems. The system is fast paced, but realistic, and every single action can be resolved with the rolling of 2 dice.

But what does that mean? Well, when I started the work on the game, I had finally gotten tired of looking for that one system that I preferred above all others. If the combat system was good, the skills sucked, or if the skill system was great, combat was a drag, or I didnt like the dicing convention, or I didnt like the complexity of the combat or the simplicity of... you get the idea. Every system out there was missing something. So, I had an idea. I'd make my own. I roped in some really good friends of mine (people Ive been gaming with since the early '80's) and we started on a project that would last for years... in fact, its still not done :) What is done, is quite a lot. The current iteration of the rules as of this writing is 160+ pages. The system has been playtested and tweaked...

As for the system.. I think its about as close to my ideal of the perfect system as it gets. Now, thats not to say it IS perfect, or even better than all others. I mean I like it the best. The combat system is very quick to resolve, with reasonably accurate results. A 10 on 10 combat can be resolved in its entirety in about 20 minutes (less if you're very conversant with the rules). And the only dice you will ever need are a pair of D10. Thats it... for everything. Skills are resolved with Percentile and damage is calculated using a unique "Tier" system.

So please, check out the rules, (they are available in the Download section) and let us know what you think!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:47:33 AM by Athion »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal