DarkTerra.com

DarkTerra.com

• March 27, 2024, 09:41:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Complete Site redesign. New theme, new software, new Logo! Please register if you want to download the rules!  If you need to email the Admin, click here

Darkterra is a Pen and Paper role playing game, developed by avid gamers with decades of experience with a vast array of gaming systems. The system is fast paced, but realistic, and every single action can be resolved with the rolling of 2 dice. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyberware  (Read 15877 times)

Gil

Cyberware
« on: November 01, 2006, 04:19:27 AM »

Any thoughts on this? It fits in with the advanced tech setting from the aliens IMHO.

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
Re: Cyberware
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 05:17:37 AM »

Absolutely.

I'm very much in favor of having it in the game, I'm just not real sure how to implement it.

I dont think it would work to have people starting off with it, for one thing (how would they get it? Other than by taking the "Frozen" option)... but that begs the question, where would they get it later?

Perhaps an autodoc type device that has one more operation in it, before giving up the ghost?

Maybe the cyberware is nanite based, and it "infects" the character? Much like gaining a mutation?

Gil

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 05:27:04 AM »

An advanced autodoc, alien implantation or nano-tech are the three I would go with. The Frozen option would allow them to start with it. Out of the three mentioned methods, I think nano would be the best option, via an injection system.

Also, should cyberware only work in humans who have a stable genetic/body structure?

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:21:58 AM »

One of the reasons we went with the alien scenario was so that certain tech would only be availible to certain people...

That being said, the Nanoware (I like that word :) ) could be either PSH only, or it could work for a mutant.

My original thought process was to make them all PSH only, as a way to improve the powerlevel/survivability of the regular old human. Thats not carved in stone though... Special abilities go a long way to making regular Humans as powerful as mutants, but I think that without some help in the tech department, they will start to fall behind as the levels progress.

One of the things the playtest group is going to do is be on an accelerated curve, try to get ya'lls levels up quickly, and the gear will probably be more availible that a "normal" campaign would be... since it will all need to be tested.

Jorek

• Contributor
  • Mutant
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:59:54 AM »

available is an excellent idea. limited to purestain only (i don't know). you could make it avalible to mutes as long as it doesn't compromise one of their mutations.( a cyber arm on a mute with clawed hands wouldn't work). the way some of the spec.abilities are cybernetics could interfear with also.
also the nanoware could be a potluck... you get a shot but you donut know what it will do.

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
  • Sweet frickin' Orion slave girls!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:08:27 AM »

It's a cool idea, I'm just not sure how you could practically implement it.  I guess the nanonite thing could work, just it being 200 years later might be a hard sell that something would still work that could bestow it on someone.  Unless, there are a few isolated communities of Kra'Nall still around (in secret, of course) still trying to push ahead with the "Great Experiment" by kidnapping people and monkeying around.
...And now for something completely different.

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 02:46:43 PM »

Ok, it's alien tech.. it could last for millenia :P Or it could be inert and powered by the bodies electrical charge?

And I say if a player has claws and ingests/implants/gets infected with a Cyber/Nanoware arm... he just lost some claws.

Or would the bugs be smart enough to incorporate the claws? I mean if its a mitation, then its in his DNA, right?

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 09:04:18 AM »

Hmm, I guess that could work.

As for the claws, if it's part of the genetic makeup, I would say the claws would stay unless the nanos were specifically programmed to remove stuff.  Otherwise, they would just incorporate that into what they were doing with the host body.

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 09:04:54 AM »

BTW, we getting together this weekend?

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 11:12:48 AM »

Jorek is otherwise detained this weekend :P

I can be free, but I think the wife is more interested in DAoC :)

Gryffyn

• Contributor
  • Warrior
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 11:53:18 AM »

Ya'll just let me know.  Always like to know what's up.

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 05:53:02 AM »

I've been thinking about the cyberware a lot lately and I think I have a grasp on what I'd like to see.

First off, lets make it availible for all types of characters (Mutants, human, and even mutant animals). However, since it was designed by the Kra'nall, it will not take into account the base donor's makeup. Remember, they are all about improvement, but they are also arogant enough to think that they know better...

So, if a PC gets infected, he gets whatever the nanoware is programmed to give him, so if it replaces his arms with stronger ones, and he once had claws.. they go away. If however, the NW (nanoware) is designed to give him claws in the first place, the ones he has are replaced by the NW ones (perhaps made of metal instead of bone?) In any case, the new claws will have thier own stats that will be unaffected by the old ones.

I think, in the interests of balance and fairness this is best... otherwise we leave ourselves open to rules lawyers/munchkins getting crazy.

Again, nothing set in stone, so input is still needed... what you all think?

Gil

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 01:19:12 AM »

I am gonna *try* to get something done of the cyberware rules this weekend before playtest on Saturday...

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 03:15:45 AM »

Make you a deal.. you get something written up and I'll bet some of them show up in that facility ya'll are looking for :P

Gil

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 03:21:42 AM »

Make you a deal.. you get something written up and I'll bet some of them show up in that facility ya'll are looking for :P
LOL, sounds good ;).

I can see it know "Honest dude, all I could come up with was Smartlinks and Reflex Enhancements..."

I've already started on it, working through Sensoryware at the moment...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 26 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal