DarkTerra.com

DarkTerra.com

• April 27, 2024, 03:30:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Complete Site redesign. New theme, new software, new Logo! Please register if you want to download the rules!  If you need to email the Admin, click here

Darkterra is a Pen and Paper role playing game, developed by avid gamers with decades of experience with a vast array of gaming systems. The system is fast paced, but realistic, and every single action can be resolved with the rolling of 2 dice. 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced armors  (Read 2301 times)

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
Advanced armors
« on: May 21, 2007, 01:41:11 PM »

Ok, so I had an idea today... or was it yesterday? Anyway, the problem we ran into when the characters get to the higher end was Armor that can keep up with the weapons. We "solved" it with layered armor, which never really "felt" right to me...

So I was thinking... how about "Tiered" armor, just like the weapons. Basically each Tier of Armor knocks off a Tier of damage, and the rest is applied to the armor rating... for example :

Tier3 AR 15 means the first 3 tiers of damage is simply negated (never even rolled) and what ever is left (for example a T4+6 Atack would be 2D10+6 (technically T1 is 2D10, T0 would be 1D10) applied to the AR of 15.

I think this will go a LONG way to easing some of the advanced calculus required when the numbers get too big (I know, its not THAT bad, bvut still, I want to keep the numbers low enough so most can do em in thier head :) )
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 25 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal