DarkTerra.com

DarkTerra.com

• April 27, 2024, 01:52:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Complete Site redesign. New theme, new software, new Logo! Please register if you want to download the rules!  If you need to email the Admin, click here

Darkterra is a Pen and Paper role playing game, developed by avid gamers with decades of experience with a vast array of gaming systems. The system is fast paced, but realistic, and every single action can be resolved with the rolling of 2 dice. 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Specialty Loads  (Read 3249 times)

Gil

Specialty Loads
« on: October 13, 2006, 04:22:21 AM »

How doable are these? I am talking hollowpoint, hydra-shok rounds, armor piercing, etc.

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
Re: Specialty Loads
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 04:33:56 AM »

Certainly doable, just not in the rules yet.

Hollowpoints do more damage, yet penetrate less, armor piercing are the opposite. I guess  the easist thing would be an extra column in the Bullet Damage table like DAM/PEN

If the number is a +, you add it to the damage, or the Armor, if its a minus, you subtract... most loads would have a + and  - I would think... or not :) Some really exotic rounds would do both + and a Subsonic round would have a - in both...

Excellent question Gil, I'll go update the Bullet Damage table :) 

Athion

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • DarkTerra
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 04:46:12 AM »

Ok, on second thought, I created an entirely new listing for each of the different types of rounds, then addes a PEN (Penetration) Value for each. The PEN value is applied to armor before caclulating damage.

New Charts will be up in the Download section shortly :)

Edit : First few changes made, only did a couple of the rounds to give you an idea what I have in mind Click here or go to the downloads section :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 04:53:57 AM by Athion »

Gil

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 05:27:52 AM »

PEN is a good idea and using the +/- like you are doing *should* help keep it simple.

Any other special effects can be listed in the ammunition description.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal